Sunday, November 22, 2015

Writing Prompt 22 morning routine

Morning routine. 

In June, He and I went to a marriage conference.  The biggest thing we took away from it was what makes us feel loved and one thing to do to show it. 

We had to make a promise to do that thing. I won't tell his, it's only fair. 

Mine was that he wanted me to get up with him and send him off to work. 5:45am. This makes him feel loved. I want to make him feel loved. I do not want to get up at 5:45 am. There are many many reasons. 

I did it. I have kept my promise for 6 months now. I get up with him and get his coffee ready. We try to be so quiet. It is terrifying. 

But I enjoy it now. I miss him if I don't see him in the morning and I enjoy a cup of coffee in the quiet before anyone is awake, usually. 

He challenged me and I have grown. 

He was right.